Headache is a very common medical condition that the majority of us encounter regularly. Despite being prevalent, it should not be ignored or overlooked. While it may be an infrequent annoyance, it may sometimes reoccur more frequently and start to affect day-to-day activities.
The two most common types of headache are tension headache and migraine:
• most common form
• pain feels like a constricting band around the head
• dull sensation, non throbbing
• some patients may have neck, jaw or temporomandibular joint discomfort
• tension can trigger a migraine
• pain is usually on one side of the head
• pulsating and throbbing in nature; moderate to severe in intensity
• Visual sensitivity to light
• worsens withphysical activities
• nausea or vomiting
Other less common forms of headaches include sinus headaches and cluster headaches.
Manual therapy has proven to be effective in the treatment of headaches through the use of joint mobilisation, Dry Needling and muscle releasing techniques.
Whether you are a chronic headache sufferer or experiencing an acute bout of headaches, the therapists at City Osteopathy and Physiotherapy can help you.
Robinson Rd (+65) 62222451
Guthrie House (+65) 63144440