Rachal is a Paediatric Physiotherapist with over 12 years of experiencing working
with children and adolescents 0-16 years. She is passionate about working with families to
help each child reach their full potential.
Rachal graduated from The University of Sydney, Australia with a Bachelor of Applied
Science, Physiotherapy. In 2019 Rachal was formally titled as a Paediatric Physiotherapist by
The Australian Physiotherapy Association. Volunteer work in India treating children with
clubfoot inspired Rachal to complete her Masters degree through research. She is currently
completing her project with Macquarie University in Sydney and The Sydney Children’s
Hospital Network. Rachal has been invited to speak at Universities and International
Conferences, most recently at The Spina bifida World Congress in San Diego, U.S.A.
Rachal’s career highlight was ten years working in multi-disciplinary teams at one of
the largest Children’s Hospitals in Australia – The Children’s Hospital at Westmead. Prior to
moving to Singapore, Rachal owned her own paediatric physiotherapy practice in Sydney.
Rachal’s particular interest is Developmental, Orthopaedic and Neurological Physiotherapy.
She has experience with;
- Musculoskeletal variants including; flat feet, knock knees, intoeing
- Developmental delay
- Coordination disorders
- Toe walking
- Hypermobility and Connective Tissue Disorders
- Paediatric Incontinence
- Cerebral palsy
- Paediatric Brain and Spinal Cord injuries
- Paediatric Spinal cord conditions, including Spina bifida
- Rehabilitation following fracture and orthopaedic surgery
- Rehabilitation following cancer treatment
- Respiratory physiotherapy, including care of children with tracheostomies
- Paediatric sports injuries
Specialist skills include;
- Developmental assessment
- Casting and splinting
- Gait retraining
- Recommendation of footwear and orthotics
- Home and school visits.